Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My Video Making Process

  Hi Everyone! If you are like me, you were very nervous about this process of creating a video for the final presentation. I couldn't find my video editing software on my computer (I have Windows 7), but I decided to sit down and figure out what Dr. Moller was talking about when he said, " every pc and mac comes with free video editing software, it is foolish to purchase editing software." I wasn't able to find the video editing software on my computer, and i did a general search on my start bar through all my programs for "Microsoft Video Editing Software." It turns out that Microsoft can download their Movie Maker software if you have Windows and a connection to the Internet. So I did this, and now I have the bare bones of my presentation started! It's really actually very easy and fun to make the video with Windows 7 Movie Maker. Do a Google search of 'Windows Movie Maker' if you need to download software. It's free.

I also cut down on editing time because I used my storyboard when filming the video. I took the subject of each window in the storyboard, handed that title to my friends who played as students, and filmed the clip for the amount of time that I planned on my storyboard. That way I had very little clipping to do today and just have to paste the seperate parts together, then I added captions to each video clip that related to the storyboard. Now I have to edit it for spelling and content, finish my Annotated Bibliography, finalize my speaker notes, and narrate the video. 

Hope that sharing my process with you all helps! Let me know about your process! -Devonee

No comments:

Post a Comment